Reducing our climate footprint
We acknowledge the assessments of The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) regarding the climate challenges that the world is currently confronting.
Therefore our job is to ensure the future supply of Norwegian gas causes as little damage to the environment as possible and has the lowest possible climate footprint, in accordance with the following UN sustainable development goals:
Affordable and clean energy
Industry innovation and infrastructure
Our climate roadmap will serve as a valuable and strategic tool in addressing these issues in the most effective manner possible from now until 2030. This roadmap will identify and define the areas and tasks related to our operations that require our attention, in order to achieve the UN’s climate action objectives to stop climate change.
Through close collaboration with our owners, customer partners, and their decision makers, we aim to decrease our carbon footprint by operating, developing, and constructing plants and the gas pipeline network in an environmentally conscious manner that minimises their impact.
Caring for nature
Our objective is to conduct our operations in a manner that aligns with the UN’s sustainable development goals and does not have a negative impact on the environment.
This work will receive significant attention at all times and we will ensure that it is carried out with the utmost care, through the following measures:
- Continuous monitoring of emissions in the air and sea
- Detailed environmental analyses ahead of any possible expansions or changes to the operation of our facilities
- Regular emergency drills and the use of less harmful chemicals
- Waste from our activities will be handled in a responsible manner
- Effective digital solutions that can replace meetings and other travel activities
- Encourage environmentally conscious attitudes among our employees
- A sponsorship strategy that prioritises measures related to protecting animal life and natural diversity.